Communication Skills Assessments
Completing the communication assessments was enlightening and validated my perceptions of myself as an effective communicator professionally and personally. I chose a colleague and my husband to assess my communication skills, along with my own personal assessment. I had hoped that my sense of positive self-efficacy was equally perceived by others around me. Self-efficacy is the result of a positive feeling (self-esteem) about one’s effectiveness with a clear sense of self (self-concept) (O’Hair, Wiemann, Mullin, & Teven, 2015). Throughout all three surveys, both participants scored my communication characteristics similar to my own assessed scores. However, within each profile category (Communication Anxiety-Low, Verbal Aggressiveness-Moderate, and Listening Style-People Oriented), there was some variation in the scoring. ...
I really love this quote. I feel as teachers we are responsible for shaping the future development of our students. While discipline is important aspect of classroom management it is more of our job to teach students how to acquire and use appropriate cooping skills needed throughout their future. Teaching them conflict-resolution skills can prevent so many future issues and prepare them for circumstances they may encounter.
ReplyDeleteNatasha